Welcome to NorthWestern Mental Health Doctors website
This site aims to be a one stop shop for medical staff, those who are already employed and those who are interested to join the NorthWestern Mental Health workforce with all relevant information, forms, and contacts you may need to know as a Doctor and what we have to offer. Medical Recruitment is an ongoing process at NWMH.
NorthWestern Mental Health (NWMH) provides a comprehensive, integrated range of services to people with a serious mental illness in North-Western Melbourne. A multi-disciplinary workforce of 1,700 staff provides services through four Area Adult Mental Health Services, an Aged Persons’ Mental Health Program and a Youth Mental Health Service – Orygen Youth Health. NWMH is a clinical division of Melbourne Health and operates in partnership with Northern Health and Western Health.
NWMH delivers services through six catchment areas and provides a number of specialist programs, fosters academic partnerships and research activity with the Australian Catholic University (ACU), University of Melbourne and Psychosocial Research Centre (PRC).
- Inner West Area Mental Health Service (IWAMHS)
- Mid West Area Mental Health Service (MWAMHS)
- Northern Area Mental Health Service (NAMHS)
- North West Area Mental Health Service (NWAMHS)
- Aged Person’s Mental Health Program (APMHP)
- Orygen Youth Health (OYH)
NWMH also delivers Specialist Mental Health Programs - for detailed information of these programs please visit
- Adult Mental Health Rehabilitation Unit (AMHRU)
- Centre of Excellence in Eating Disorders (CEED)
- Eating Disorders
- NWMH Centralised Triage and Substance Use & Mental Illness Treatment Team (SUMITT)
Chief Medical Officer Information
The CMO of NWMH is responsible for the recruitment, workforce and professional development of medical staff at NWMH. The CMO is the key person for concerns by medical staff regarding their employment and workforce issues and can liaise between the Melbourne Health Medical Workforce Unit, the Directors of Clinical Services, the Area Managers and the Executive of NWMH.